28.12.09

Inspired

I was looking online for some images to use one day and I came across this site http://karenswhimsy.com/ and became inspired. She has on her site these Altered Art Books she has created. My favorite is her Dia de Los Muertos piece. I found myself more and more interested in wanting to try my hand at an Alter Art Book piece. It's been two months since I stumbled across her site and now have finally gathered the materials and limited knowledge I need to create one.

I was thinking of making a piece for my mom for Christmas however my mind just kept going blank. Here it is at 4am on Christmas Eve and I can't for the life of me bring pieces of paper to life. As I was heading to grab a glass of water I noticed sitting on my mom's counter an empty frosted wine bottle from the wine she was drinking earlier. I rinsed out the bottle and got to work.

There was a beautiful golden image of a lady on the original wine label. I decided to keep her face in my piece but create around it. After several strips of paper, plenty of sticky fingers from the PPA adhesive and ribbons for accent I was amazed at what I had transformed the soon to be recycled bottle in to.

I have gathered a couple of empty wine bottles from the recent Holiday with my mom and look forward to creating more altered wine bottle pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment